Monday, March 31, 2008

Life is Too Short....

I used to hear that phrase all the time.....In the last week it has taken on a whole new meaning for me. In the matter of 6 days I lost 2 colleagues one a retired ex Correction Office who was just 60 and the other a paltry 29 years old. It just makes me wonder why people spend so much time, effort, energy and money on things and people that don't matter. That's a question I could answer a million different ways because everyone would have their own reasoning. Justifiable or not we need to take notice of our lives and the people in it. Make sure everyone who is there truly deserves to be there and if they don't get rid of them... Only you can make you happy. I am a firm believer that happiness truly does come from within... I may not be married, or live in a big house, or have a lot of money, but I truly know what makes me smile. Hearing my son tell me a joke and laugh like it was funny, making a dinner for my friends to enjoy, waking up, falling in love, enjoying and appreciating my own company, having a home, listening to Bob Marley for hours, reading a good book, baking cookies at 5am and eating them for breakfast.... Find out what makes you smile and do it whenever you can....because.. Life it way too short...

Peace,

No comments: