Monday, May 4, 2009

Kim Fraczek is my 1st of 10 Phenomenal Women!





What is your name and where are you from?


My name is Kim Fraczek, and I am from New York City. Bushwick in Brooklyn to be exact.



What were you like as a child?


A tomboy, a dancer, an adventurer... pretty close to the adult Kim.



What kind of jobs have you held and how have they impacted what you love to do now?


I have been working with jewelry for ages. From the suburban mall store bead shop as a teenager to the Creative Director of an international diamond company.
Making jewelry rules. I love making pretty stuff for people to wear.




What do you like most about designing jewelry?


--That it is portable sculpture.
--That it adorns a human body, which is SUCH a gorgeous and amazing structure.
--That it uses stuff from the earth and is translated into something beautiful.
--That it makes people look close and find a new world




Where do you get your inspiration?


From movements of sea creatures, from colors glowing in the sun, from all the beautiful patterns and colors I saw traipsing around India, from the cycle of life..
.


How long does it take you to make a pair of earrings or a necklace?


Anywhere from 20 minutes to a year.



What is your jewelry made out of?


Mainly hand blown glass (that I blow myself), but I love working with crystals and gems and metals as well.


Who do you market your jewelry to?


Museum store shoppers who appreciate something out of the ordinary or people appreciate of human craft...

I find more and more people are beginning to see the value in something that they have never seen before, so I'm pretty lucky.



What other artistic outlets do you have?


Ask anyone who knows me... Traditional Argentine Tango dancing. I'm obsessed.



What are you most proud of?


That I'm positive and love a lot.



How many pieces are currently in your collection?


Wow, well, it is continuously growing, but I suppose about about 30 pieces


Where can we find out more about you?


http://www.kimfraczek.com




Whats next for Kim Fraczek?


Expand my workshop and employ some wonderful artists, travel with the boy I am in love with, learn more Spanish.




Kim Fraczek

Hand blown Glass Jewelry &
Custom Gemstone Jewelry Creations
using CAD/CAM software

646.387.3180 NYC
www.kimfraczek.com

No comments: