Friday, June 26, 2009

Thank You Michael Jackson!

What can I say.... Michael Jackson to me was like a Deity! Not only for his musical genius, dance moves and persona but for the fact that through all the bullshit and pain he endured I always connected with him on the fact that through it all he was a lonely person. I can remember being like 7 or 8 years old and sleeping with the Thriller Album under my pillow, I had a red zipper jacket that my mother beat my ass for wearing one day because it was freezing outside and the jacket is like plastic. I wore it anyway. I think my first introduction to MJ was listening to the We Are the World Song in school I must have been in like Kindergarten or 1st grade. My mom bought me the single Album and I played it so much it broke. I was immediately in love when I saw him. He didn't look like anyone I had ever seen before. His clothes were different, his hair. I got a Jheri Curl and rocked it for years! Along with my penny loafers which I put nickles in. He had a regal sensitivity about him. I can remember dancing in my room by myself for hours to him. I am an only child so Tv/Books/Radio were my siblings. I am glad to have witnessed the many accomplishments he made in his career as an entertainer. Without him we wouldn't even know the Chris Brown's and Rihanna's I'm still not too sure I want to know them. He will truly be missed but through technology he will never be forgotten. His words will take on a whole new meaning and a new chapter of his life will begin. . . . .

Peace,
The Empress

No comments: