Sunday, September 2, 2007

If Only I had a Sweetheart

Don't get me wrong I don't dislike Valetnine's day.. I think its a great oppotunity for businesses to make money, to get a free pass out of the dog house etc. The problem that I have is that the concept of the holiday has been totally lost. The true meaning behind it was "LOVE". Two people who really wanted to be together taking a risk to do so and prove their love for one another...
To me someone showing that they love me does not have to cost anything. If I had someone to spend this day with I would show them how much I love and appreciate them from the bottom of my heart which is something I would do on any given day..
So I say instead of buying the biggest box of candy or bouquet of flowers tell your partner what they mean to you and why you are glad they are in your life. We should not need a holiday on a calendar to make us feel like we need to do this we should be doing it everyday!
So for the Single people like myself don't get depressed on this day treat yourself to a movie spend it doing something you really enjoy, not sulking or wishing you were with someone.. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and just like you are waiting for someone there is someone waiting for you, you just have to follow the path and believe!

Love Don't Cost a Thing!

No comments: