Tuesday, March 4, 2008

New Breed Of Women?????

So as usual my constant battle with myself is why am I not married or even better in a stable and fulfilling relationship. So me and my friend had a discussion last night that got me thinking. She seems to think that I do not allow myself to be vulnerable with a Man, and also let him take the lead and do Manly things.. In speaking with one of my ex's he pretty much said the same thing, he also added that I am hard on Men.. Which has me wondering... By no way shape or form do I hate men, in fact to a certain degree I am completely fascinated and intrigued by them. Here is the challenge given the fact that I am a single parent of a soon to be 13 year old, I have been on my own since I was 18, always worked or fought for what I wanted, now in a career which pretty much puts me in control over everything around me it takes a certain type of man to handle that. I am very confident, speak my mind,enjoy my freedom, I like being independent.. Granted these qualities are blessings as well as curses..With dating I have noticed a lot of the times during conversations men want to have the Upper Hand whether its the better Job, More Education, More Traveled...Its not that I have an issue with these things but I am not easily impressed. I want to know that you have something on the surface, and can deal with and understand that I am driven and enjoy being my own person. I have never been a girly girl.. I like my sports, live in Jeans and a T-Shirt, never wear Makeup but yet I am always all woman... So I ask am I one of a New Breed? and if so where are my counterparts?

No comments: