Friday, May 1, 2009

To Be Or Not to Be.... Married?

This is a question that runs through my head sometimes.. Usually when nothing else is going on in my brain and it decides to travel to a dark place Marriage pops in there..Well over the years I used to think I wanted to be married not necessarily for the wedding experience, like picking out an overpriced white dressed, or trying to figure out who to invite or not,making arrangements for a bunch of people to judge or compare me to other Brides etc.. No thanks! It just doesn't do anything for me. I am now 32 years old my son is almost 14 and I don't even have a boyfriend and I'm fine with that. I have more than enough to keep me busy with work, and running 2 businesses I am not sitting around picking out a rocking chair and some cats to go along with them. I am a true Bachelorette and I enjoy it and embrace it. i do enjoy companionship on the regular. at this point of my life I can truly enjoy someones company long term and never even discuss marriage as an option. Maybe its because I have the "kid' thing out of the way and I'm looking towards being able to have more freedom to do things with and without my son because he is getting older, or maybe its the simple fact that even from being a little girl I never saw myself Married to begin with. I don't knock marriage but like stretch pants its just not for everybody. I think there is a part of us that wants to be needed by someone else as a husband or a wife and that just ain't me. Funny thing is I have been saying this exact same thing since I was like 18 and people would say "Oh wait till you get older", been there... "Oh wait till you have kids"...done.. that So now what? I'll tell you what. I am going to continue to live my life without regret, enjoy myself, my freedom and my friends and being a Role Model to my son and everything else I will take as it comes. I just wish that one day women who choose to be single will be regarded with such envy an respect as their male counterparts...I guess I can dream.. Until then I'm gonna hit the Beach!

Peace,
Taneesha

No comments: