Thursday, September 6, 2007

Book Signing With Supermodel Alek Wek





Last night I had the pleasure of attending the book signing of Alek Wek's autiobiography. The book is called Alek "From Sundanese Refugee to International Supermodel". I must say I was impressed by the way Ms. Wek answered some of the questions that were asked of her. I asked her has there ever been a time when her look has worked against her and she answered both poignantly and honestly. During the discussion she described her life growing up in Sudan, being one of 9 children, the death of her father, the line of handbags she designs and have named after his memory. I think what has always fascinated me most about Alek Wek is that she was one of the few faces that I have ever seen in the media in a positive light that I can look at and relate to. She has natural beauty both inside and out and that is something that you can't buy or imitate.... Thank you Alek and much success!

No comments: