Monday, July 27, 2009

Poetry Reading


The poetry reading last week went well despite my meltdown about not being able to find my keys before I left home, and putting on my sweater backwards and getting wet! I was worried I was running late so I sent an email to the host letting her know I was still coming. I arrive and to my surprise the place was empty! other than the the hostess and 2 of her friends. About a dozen of my friends came out so I decided to read anyway and I was nervous! but it went well. I am so glad that I challenged myself and took advantage of the opportunity. It felt really good to share my thoughts and feelings with people who although know me well, don't necessarily know that side of me. There are so many layers to me, that I uncover everyday. I can't wait till the next time I share another part of myself with the world.


Peace,
The Empress

No comments: